Re: Alamein line problem?

> > The last time I went to West Footscray Box(1994), the
> > connection was still in place between the goods lines and the
> > suburban, the frame had 2 closing levers, and the interlocking
> > had been "butchered"  (read - modified) so badly, that you
> > still had to operate levers 7 & 12 in the suburban closing
> > sequence -  they were opposing dwarfs in the former (removed)
> > sidings on the down. Signal 7 gave a phantom (relay fed)
> > indication when the lever was reversed (it was actually
> > removed), and signal 12 was still working in the fenced off
> > part of what is now (and was also then) the carpark. Another
> > cheap interlocking rationalisation at its best.
>
> > I believe it was done this way as it contained complex
> > interlocking and circuitry for the "half way notch" in the
> > closing sequence that allowed signals 7 & 12 to be placed at
> > "proceed" while trains were shunting in the yards.
>
> > With that gone, and now the connection removed between the main
> > and "Totty Yards", I would guess.. "Never"
>
> I'd concur for the pass lines, but ISTR that West Footscray has to
> be in for a train to get into Totty Yard from the Up end.
>
> Do I recall right?
>
> (P.S. I did bugger up this post 1st time round)

Suburban line crossover is still in place (but spiked out of use).

Goods lines were still been switched in 6 nights a week when I visited
in July 1999.  But I think later in 1999 they stopped using it. (mix of
getting rid of another signaller and ARTC not wanting it when they took
over in Feb 2000 of the SG from Dynon)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news