Re: Manning of signal boxes Was: Alamein line problem?

Michael Wierzbinski <wizzer1865@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote in
message news:3a0e403d$0$19416
$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> Also, there are connections from Totty yard direct to the Down
> and Up independent lines protected by home signals with calling
> ons controlled by the yardmaster Tottenham, so it was easier to
> have trains use these and be controlled by a shunter then pay
> to have someone sit in a signal box to operate 4 levers, also,
> trains (BG) could be admitted and departed from Tottenham 'B'
> box. Is this box still manned for BG trains now that the
> Adelaide SG is controlled from Adelaide. It's been a while
> since I've been out there. I used to work there.

Totty B AFAIK only needs to be in when a BG move needs to take
place.  Otherwise the SG crosslock is left reverse, and the NE CTC
controller just flicks the junction points back and forth as
traffic demands.  The Dual Gauge from Totty B to Brooklyn and then
Newport on the East Line is now Automatic Block Signalling, so
Totty B no longer works the Electric Staff.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.