Re: Cane: Tramways or Railways?

>The General Tramways Act 1884 was, I assume, a Sth Australian
>act and hence of no effect east of Cockburn (or, more correctly,
>Burns).

I am sure you are right Barry, but all I was trying to say was
that whether tramways or railways, it wasn't safeworking that
differentiated.

It seemed like a good quote for this thread - straight off a
poster used when the Dutton Bay Tramway is taken to exhibitions -
which was written by me a couple of years ago to save having to
answer a heap of questions, and displayed under the heading "Why
Tramway?"

Maybe I should have qualified my posting a little ;-)

Although, in the back of my tiny little mind, I still feel that
the STC was a Tramway because of the act mentioned.

JD

--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway