Truck Dispute

I've been on a few backshifts lately and notice that there seems to be a lot
of large freighters going Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane.
With the truckies blocking the Hume at Wodonga wanting the guvmint to set
standard rates I was wondering. Is this pinch
on road freight a direct result of what appears to be the large amount I see
passing by the platform. I mean some of those trains must be carting the
loads of a hundred semis. Does anyone know what the figures for rail
transport overall are for say the last ten years for freight??