Re: Federal budget

In article <en7thsk16ipr22gr5q5ntujeugo22s772r@4ax.com>,
  "< Tell >" <telljb@netozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote
> lots of stuff which I have snipped:
>
> OK, your point is, the feds should fund rail exactly
> the same as roads and our national rail network will
> flourish and remove all those heavies off the road.
>
> And .....there is no constitutional, legal, political
> or moral questions as to why they can do this.?
>
> Why dont they do as you say then.?
I can think of a few things....Road lobbyists/automobile industries
generates a lot more income then rail industry, these 2 industry also
employ more people then rail, remove of trucks on highways would result
of job loss. Highway would get less busy and require less maintenance
thou loss job from civil engineering sectors. Faster to generate cash
and profit from truck industry then rail.

Also road/automobile industry donates more money to politicans then
rail industry(which I think is the major problem), on top of that some
railway managers mis-managed railway industries made the industry look
like a money lossing blackhole for some people without any background
knowledge with rail.

--
Cheers

James