Re: Federal budget

In article <hrcS4.8350$X4.16704@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Bernard Smith" <epping.smiths@gatewaynet.bigpond.com> wrote:
> I saw 4 rail-related budget media releases:
YAWNNNNN Nothing new....the government still prefer to add more lines
on highway and let the railway rust.

> * $47m ongoing payment for mainline track
> http://www.dotrs.gov.au/budget/0001/anders/abudget011.htm
Part of the 250M$ over the next 4 years barely can fix the problem on
mainlines.

> * $40m downpayment on Alice-Darwin railway
> http://www.dotrs.gov.au/budget/0001/anders/abudget006.htm
Nothing new and won't help to secure the finacial problem face by the
consortum group.

> * $15m for Brisbane light rail
> http://www.dotrs.gov.au/budget/0001/anders/abudget007.htm
15m can't get you many trams.

> * $9m new payment for the Queenstown-Strahan tourist railway
> http://www.dotrs.gov.au/budget/0001/anders/abudget004.htm
Nothing new....

Speedrail funds????
3Billion$ required to bring railway up to scratch???
Cityrail's high speed interurban lines funds????
Mt Gambier line reopen funds???
Gold Coast line extension/Sunshine coast line funds???

And John Anderson still didn't response those reports...

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/