Re: Darwin Gateway to Australia: was.... (OT)Re: Darwin port to be expanded.

Mark Bau <markbau@altavista.com> wrote:

> > From: "< Tell >" <telljb@netozemail.com.au>
> > Newsgroups: aus.rail
> > Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 21:12:15 +0930
> > Subject: Re: Darwin Gateway to Australia: was.... (OT)Re: Darwin port to be
> > expanded.

[said someone else]
> > The only time shipper will use
> >> land bridging is when they have less than a ship load of freight and
> >> therefore land briding is more economic.

[said Mark]
> Funny that entire shiploads are land bridged from LA to the Gulf of Mexico
> thus avoiding the Panama canal then.

Um Err,  Mark I never said that, you have quoted the
wrong poster under may name, old mate.

I am in favour of a land bridge, even if it gets only a
small share of the container traffic into Oz.

----Tell
<< Remove net after @ for email reply. >>