(OT)Re: Darwin port to be expanded.

G'day to you all.

What is the current depth of Darwin Harbour?

Because the info I have for Darwin from 1986
was 11 metre down to 8 metre in depth, why
I have ask this question is due to the new
breed of ship that are came online, require
a minimum of 16 metre draft to the maximum
22 metre that carry between 6,000 to 18,000
containers.

The only two ports that can handle these type
ship are Dampier in Western Australia with a
depth at 34 metre * and Eden in New South Wales
with a depth at 39 metre *

* from the info I have from 1986

--
Regards