Re: Darwin Gateway to Australia: was.... (OT)Re: Darwin port to be expanded.

It certainly is the point, and will work if the right
people are involved with it.

Double stack is "standard" on the TAS & TAR lines.
>From Darwin to Tarcoola they can go either West or
South, but unfortunately for the foreseeable future
will have to be singled to go from either Adelaide to
Melbourne, or Parkes to Sydney.

Forget the VFT Melbourne to Darwin folks, rail in Oz
can do the job right now for a fraction of the cost and
road transport will NEVER compete with 1.8 km (or
longer) double stack conventional freights.

.....Tell