Re: [NSW] Turnarounds

Regardless of proper procedure they use the PA to announce the train
terminates and returns empty to the siding.  The train is a Tangara and the
P.A. always seems to work fine and I've never seen anyone being walked back
to Penrith station from the yard when I've caught a later Mountains service.

This raises the issue of time taken to terminate trains at stations,
particularly Penrith.  When trains are late as they were on Friday afternoon
the trains on approach to Penrith queue from the up side of Kingswood (and
once on the up side of Werrington).  This mainly comes down to trains being
terminated and the carriages "cleared" which all takes a few minutes
minimum.

Surely with P.A. announcements made on both the platform and the train (both
before and on arrival) risk management suggests that with trains queued
behind you run straight into the yard and then check to clear the train
rather than delay hundreds of commuters on the following trains by a further
5-10 minutes or so within a couple of km of their destination?

Chris

391D659E.DB11C3A6@ozemail.com.au">news:391D659E.DB11C3A6@ozemail.com.au...