Re: Federal budget

"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
mauried.441.001F0E8A@tpg.com.au">news:mauried.441.001F0E8A@tpg.com.au...
> What do we now end up with.
> Five differant State based rail Safety Acts.
> Differant standards and accreditation requirements in every state.

There is mutual recognition  agreement. If someone is accredited in one
state, they are basically accepted in other states - there may be some minor
extras but it should not be a problem.

> Every item of rollingstock has to be separately certified in every state
that
> it runs in.

This is not strictly true. As far as I am aware, NSW is the only state that
certifies every item of rollingstock. Certainly, an operator has to nominate
what types of rollingstock are to be used but not each item.

> Accreditation fees have to be paid in every State for every item of
> rollingstock.(try and figure out how much this costs NRC for example.)

Accreditation fees are based on tonnages and track length - not items of
rollingstock - except perhaps in NSW