Re: Darwin Gateway to Australia: was.... (OT)Re: Darwin port tobe expanded.

I think that the Darwin rail link will surprise us all with the volume of
traffic it can generate. Capacity of the port and rail lines will limit
traffic.

The line will literally connect us with Asia. Darwin should become the most
important gateway to Australia. Many industries could relocate here to be
close to Asian markets, but still supply Australia through the rail link.

Indonesia, PNG, and East Timor are not far from Darwin.

It will also be interesting to see what Stevedoring Companies like Patrick's
do.

Cheers
John Wayman

B5416A18.ED7E%markbau@altavista.com">news:B5416A18.ED7E%markbau@altavista.com...