Re: Impulse Airlines

"Michael Kurkowski" <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
8F2E963F2telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F2E963F2telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> said:
>
> >Qantas has matched the Impulse fares, and I guess Ansett won't be too far
> >behind. Things are going to get really sticky when Virgin announces its
> >fares.
>
> Looks much like it will be another Compass affair. Weed the small
companies
> out of business then jack up prices again. Yesterdays news claims that the
> ACCC will put a stop to this from happening, but with Howards cronies
> looking after the whole thing, I'm not holding my breath.

Impulse is an established rregional operator, moving onto the trunk routes.
They already have admin and support infrastructure set up, so they will be a
lot harder to get rid of. As for Virgin Blue, with all the money Richard
Branson has, I doubt he will let them force him under. He well and truely
got stuck into British Airways a few years back when they tried to do it to
him in the UK. He has shown he is keen for a fight.

Dave