Re: Impulse Airlines

On Mon, 08 May 2000 04:53:18 GMT, Michael Kurkowski
<mk@netstra.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> said:
>
>>Qantas has matched the Impulse fares, and I guess Ansett won't be too far
>>behind. Things are going to get really sticky when Virgin announces its
>>fares.
>
>Looks much like it will be another Compass affair. Weed the small companies
>out of business then jack up prices again. Yesterdays news claims that the
>ACCC will put a stop to this from happening, but with Howards cronies
>looking after the whole thing, I'm not holding my breath.

 I lost sympathy for Impulse when they started about the anti
competitive aspects of QANTAS upping the Newcastle/Melbourne services
to Bae146's. If Impluse wants to play with the big boys then they must
be prepared for the big boys to fight back. Getting back to a rail
related subject on the news Kate Carnell (the ACT head shabang) was
saying how Impulse is unlikly to effect the viability of a fast train
link. Judging by the likely prices of a return fast train ticket I
would agree. I think the $119 CBR/SYD one way ticket is cheap but not
cheap enough. As I said in AUS.AVIATION I can get a better price on
AN/QF although with conditions.
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright