Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:

> 160 kph is good enough to bring rail into a better position.

better..yes...good enough position to extract bums out of cars into trains???

 Also  Bendigo/Ballarat/TGeelong/Traralgon lines have some curves and grades,
> but not as serious as NSW or Qld. With a little bit of track
> improvements can get conventional trains running at high speed.

high speed =???kph

 Don't  forget tilt mechanisim would increase the cost per carriages by
15%(IIRC).

Other ..much more informed and qualified pundits (than myself) have put
forward the ideas of increased patronage as a function of decreased elapsed
journey..i.e speed

If the  patrons increase dramatically we might be able to see  those fancy
trains one day:-)

Why not today...how many times do we need to go and buy these trains...doesnt
it make some sense to acquire equipment that has some longetivity built in.
The "Crusaris" appears to be a total update of the Explorer type product.
Again if the infrastructure is to handle 160kph conventional equipment ...why
not employ some tilts..and up the speed where able??

if an hour off the trip starts to get people intersted...an hour and a half
might get them positively excited!!

cheers >:~)) Richard