Re: Change of Gauge.....

Kym Columbine wrote in message ...
>That makes sense actually...
>
>I've travelled from Melbourne to Brisbane on the flight Chris mentioned in
>his original post, and passengers for Hamilton Island have to change planes
>in Brisbane, keeping the same flight number.  The plane from Melbourne
>usually turns around and goes back to Melbourne or Sydney.

QANTAS used to do much the same thing (probably still do). QF1 would fly
SYD-BKK-LHR and QF5 would fly SYD-MEL-SIN-BKK-FRA - they would have a
composite flight - QF105 - for passengers flying SYD-FRA, utilising QF1 from
SYD to BKK and QF5 from BKK to LHR - it deceives the customer into thinking
they are getting the same plane all the way through.

Dave