Re: Change of Gauge.....

Dave,

Thanks for that info, it was I who asked the question, and yes it was on
aus.rail

I observed that a US based on-line travel booking site gave that info for an
Australian air route Melbourne to Hamilton Island.

Its interesting how conventions transfer between transport modes like this.  In
addition to this one are things like the usage of maritime terminology in
airlines such as the words Port/Starboard and the usage of green and red
coloured lights to distinguish Posrt and Starboard .  Even today, the usage of
the Port side (left) for passenger loading/unloading from aircraft.  Then
there's the whistle conventions used by rail adopted from maritime practice - eg
three whistles for reverse.

I'd be interested in other observations of this type.