Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] Friday 17 March. Chaos?

Without reposting Bill McNiven's entire post, it would seem to me, that it
wasn't as smooth as he might make out.

1. There were problems getting students from Cronulla to Olympic park on
time;
2. Train 17 went missing. This train was to go to Riverwood, stopping at
Bardwell Park, Bexley North, Kingsgrove and Beverly Hills. About 30 minutes
late, we were told to catch a train to Central and we would then need to
change to a regular service (some 2000 children and adults). At Redfern the
guard finally announced that the train would go to Sydney terminal station
and then become an all stations to East Hills. At Sydney Terminal we
appeared to at least change drivers, and the train took on passengers at all
stops.

However, given the vast number of people being moved, things went reasonably
well.

The staff at Riverwood Station were excellent and very helpful with the 460
children who had to get on and off the trains.

Peter
"Chaos, panic, disorder - my work here is done."
Sydney - City of the New Millennium and home of the 2000 Olympics