Re: [NSW, CityDeRail] Worst Station Staff

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:34:46 +1100, "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com>
wrote:

>I live at Burwood and travel to Normanhurst each day. Should my parents
>really pay for that when the taxes are eating into almost half of their
>total combined income? When the GST comes in, all the revenue will go to the
>states. Wonders what our state government will do then. Buy out another bus
>company so they can subsidise more children and let pensioners use their $1
>ticket all around Sydney????

  Why should the Government pay for any transport? Here in (so
assumed) "privaliged" Canberra there is no free tranport to or from
school. The only exceptions are low income earners who must apply for
a pass, which among other things is based on which school you go to
and the distance to school.

  As a matter of interest do any states other than NSW have free
school transport?
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright