Re: [NSW] V set Destination Indicators

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote:

> They simply need to get cityrail staff into the habit of using them.

I try to use them as much as possible.  I will even change it from City via
Granville to City Circle via Town Hall after I stop at Merrylands.

> Afterall, every tangara has them

No they don't.  In fact, most don't have them.

> (albiet the Orange ones are absolutely
> horrible in terms of size of display, the green ones are much better)

Better, yes.  Unfortunately, not integrated into the TMS, so not trainlined.
Most of the green ones no longer work anyway, as the wires all fell out of the
box.

> not to mention most of the Citydecker refits. So they're there. The only
> problem is that they're not being used.

Most of them have Not Working written on them.  I find that a lot of these
actually do work, they just take 5-10 minutes to bring the indicator up.

About 10% of the indicators on CityDecker sets that I have encountered refuse to
work at all.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au