Re: [NSW] V set Destination Indicators

But to be honest, indicators don't really work like this. Basically only 2
modes of public transport need indicators on themselves: buses, light rail
(that shares tracks with other physical or logical lines). With trains that
share physical/logical lines with each other such as Sydney the aim would be
reliable info on the platform.

I've seen a pic of a V set with a "route number" on it (it may have been its
run number). Were these destination indicators supposed to display these run
numbers as well? What about the destination indicators on Tangaras? They're
even more of a waste!!!! (I remember D6144 had a nice destination indicator
that operated in the colour red. Where has that gone?)

"Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@eisa.net.au> wrote in message
8at247$qj0$1@news.eisa.net.au">news:8at247$qj0$1@news.eisa.net.au...
> I feel like writing to the Transport Minister complaining about the non
> progress and the obvious waste of money in respect of the destination
> indicator program. Are they ever going to work. Is any section of City
Rail