Re: [NSW, CityDeRail] Worst Station Staff

> >No doubt you recieve austudy/other gov't student welfare allowance,
>
> No, I don't.
>
> >but as a secondary school student, i reciecve nothing of the sort!
>
> Your parents do.
>
> Dave

Funny thing about Austudy and most of the other Social Payments. If you have
a job where you get a wage or salary, and so all your earnings are available
for the taxman, then you can kiss Austudy etc "Goodbye"
When my kids were going to school we found we were always earning just that
little too much, and yet many of my friends and associates who were self
employed, got the lot! They also lived in a better suburb, sent their kids
to better schools, and changed their cars regularly, whilst I drove my 10
year old Holden etc etc. I dont think ordinary people are ever eligible for
Government handouts.....it's there only for the cheats. I remember my
Daughter when she turned 18, and her best girlfriend went out and bought a
new Ford Lazer, because her Mother had saved all the Austudy, and presented
it to her on her birthday. Her Dad was a Carpet Layer and ran his own
business. Her mum was on Work care [for about 6 years]
They owned two houses and a farm at Gisborne. Would imagine that they were
bringing in at least double our income, and I was still ineligible.
--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/