Re: [OT] Airing out personal differences (Was: The future of broad guage...)

In article <8EF18138telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>,
  Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote:
>  said in message <8a2t2v$hpq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, I therefore quote:
>
> >This is reflecting recent railway developments ... there's not much
> >going on in the railway industry lately. Small surprises(FA/FV,some
> >interstate business)no rolling stock ordered or delivery. Compared
with
> >1997(eg, AN privatisation), 1998(eg introduction of tilt train/GSPE)
> >
> >There are bunch of talks(Speedrail, Melbourne-Darwin rail link) but
> >little action. Things might get better soon as Victorian operators
> >order their new toys. Arrival of Millenium trains, Alice Spring-
Darwin
> >rail link and starting of 80m$ upgrading Victoiran country lines,
> >privatisation of Westrail and NR and hopefully some surprises!
>
> That's debateable too. Take into consideration, that 12 months ago no-
one
> would have dreamed of the EL's coming back into service, let alone
running
> regular freight services coupled to G class, 47, 44 class, 48 class,
and
> just about any other combination you could get! 12 months ago, no-one
would
> have imagined that Freight Vic would exist, let alone have a
wonderful new
> livery (certain member of ausloco will debate that it's not a livery)
that
> resembles the old VR livery!
Yeah! did you notice this is why aust.loco group is growing, so is QR-
discussion group. Tonight along I recieve 14 new discussions from
aus.loco. I don't even have time to go through each one of them.

> As an example of this, until a couple of weeks ago, I took my photo
of G543
> on the apex train, and G522 running light on standard guage at
Kilmore East
> , Vic for granted. Little did I know that months later they would be
both
> attached to each other running log trains in NSW (:
>
> Things are changing, we may not be getting new rollingstock or motive
power
> just yet, but the railways are certainly booming from corporatisation
and
> privatisation, from where the govermnents that ran them into the
ground for
> many years left off. Freight Vic already have a big motive power
shortage,
> and have hired at least two EL's from CFCLA (NSW, one running with
the log
> train, not sure if this is still happening - Vic, one for crew
training, to
> be used for local work I believe), so it will only be a matter of
time [a
> short one at that, i'd say!] before we see new locos in Vic.
>
> Hopefully things only grow from here, and that will be one more pain
in the
> behind for the rubber-wheel lobby.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael

I also noticed some of the subscribers turned away from this NG because
some of the member either have strong opinions or simply very sick
people! I known 2 ex-member of this NG (I won't tell you who they are!)
warned me "be prepare" before joining this NG. So far I found most of
the members are ok, nothing like one year before.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.