Re: [NSW] R/S set driving trailers and converted dts, D40xx/T40xx and 620's and Hopper windows

Michael Kurkowski wrote in message
<8EEEC57CtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>...

>BTW, Who let Cityrail totally *BUTCHER* the 620/720 sets, that they run up
>in Maitland. Inside now, they look so depressingly boring. Same goes with
>the Tulloch trailers.

Agreed - the 620's are no better than they were before. Every refurbishment
that CityRail has done fails a test that I myself has devised, known as the
"Blind Mans Test"(tm) - this test basically consists of deciding what
differences a blind person would notice if they were to walk into the
refurbished carriage and travel on it.

It is totally subjective, but so far, CityRail refurbishments come up short.
They are purely cosmetic refurbishments, and do nothing to improve the
comfort of the train - in fact, some aspects of the refurbishment detract
from the comfort (removal of footrests, etc).

>THEN, there's the Hopper windows on the S sets? Who's bright idea was that,
>to make a hot and stuffy train, even worse?

I believe the idea there was to prevent vandals from reaching out with
spraypaint to graffiti the exteriors of the carriages.

Dave