Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

howshr@netlink.com.au (Ron Howship) wrote in
<3954A5B6.9F3442ED@netlink.com.au>:

>David Johnson wrote:
>

>> The MetroNet Train radio is in the 418-419 MHz range.  The statewide
>> handheld radio frequency is 450.050 MHz.  The stations frequency is
>> 410.625 MHz.  A good one for finding out why trains are delayed at
>> Central is 464.150 MHz.
>>
>> Oh, By The Way, in case you had any ideas, It is an offence to
>> transmit on commercial frequencies such as these without a licence.
>>

>I think your comment about frequency licence is not quite right.
>
>You are able to transmit on these frequencies with the permission of the
>licence holder.
>
>For example: Private rail operators are required to use 450.050 on NSW
>main lines. They do so with the permission of the license holder.

AFAIK, each unit capable of transmitting on that frequency must have a
licence for that frequency. Trunking frequency radios are a little
different, whereby the user pays the trunking provider, instead of the ACA.

Michael

--
     Email: michael {DOT} kurkowski {AT} gunzel {DOT} net
          (Any mail sent to usenet.spam@gunzel.net

   "VKC to all units, Warning to all units, there is a gunzel
         on the loose, approach with EXTREME caution!"