Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

Ian wrote:

> Why on earth would any one want to listen to rail staff radio messages?

I wouldn't want to listen to station radio calls, but that's my choice.  Every
person can choose what they wish to listen to.

> Apart from being illegal, I'm sure it would be boring.

Boring yes, illegal no.  Scanning radio transmissions in Australia is not
illegal.  Scanning telephone or radio-telephone calls is illegal.  It is also an
offence to divulge what you hear on a radio transmission to person not party to
the conversation.

> How about we all listen in on your phone calls or have a gander at your
> Emails......

Because that is illegal.

--
David Johnson