Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

John MacCallum wrote:

> Sir Cumspect wrote:
> >
> > YES my neighbour is a Crown sergeant.Police is a No No.
> > You may be correct about the others. He is checking!
> > But I will not be bothering to reply, as I will not lower myself
> > to respond again your sarcasm !
> >
> > Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> > Up to 100 minutes free!
> > http://www.keen.com
>
> Your friend who is the Crown Sergeant is giving a typical Coppers
> answer to anything that they consider their god given right.
> He is wrong.
> It is not illegal to Listen to anything other than Telephone
> conversations. You can even listen to Military message should you
> wish to.
> Anyway can't can't help with Station staff or Shunters as I'm
> not real interested in what they have to say but Train Radio in
> NSW is on 450.050Mhz. There are lots of other frequencies that
> you will be able to find in Scanner Publications.

The MetroNet Train radio is in the 418-419 MHz range.  The statewide handheld
radio frequency is 450.050 MHz.  The stations frequency is 410.625 MHz.  A good
one for finding out why trains are delayed at Central is 464.150 MHz.

Oh, By The Way, in case you had any ideas, It is an offence to transmit on
commercial frequencies such as these without a licence.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au