Re: First Automatic signal?

Mark Bau wrote:

 > From: signal_spotter@my-deja.com
 > Newsgroups: aus.rail
 > Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:46:37 GMT
 > Subject: Re: First Automatic signal?
 > Just to clear up the definition regarding route signalling. I'm not
 > sure where it got it's name from but that's irrelevant.

 As a VR driver,
 > when you approached a VR signal with a particular aspect showing, it
 > told you what speed to do till the next signal. Correct??

> No, not correct, what speed is clear normal speed (G/R) ?

 It is the normal line speed for that section of track.

Mark,
If what you say is route signalling in the USA, what aspects do the
signals show
when you are diverging to a left hand road as distinct from a right hand
road, where
both exist at that location?
If they show the same aspect, then it is not route signalling.

John McCallum, member Melbourne PC User Group,
email <mccallum@melbpc.org.au>