Re: www.virginblue.com.au

James C wrote in message
<394b6524$0$16994$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>> Flight West? Do they run a direct jet service to Rocky? I would accept
>that
>> the Bundy service is one where the train would give air a run for its
>money
>> in this context, but Rocky is a no contest if you just want to get there.
>>
>> Maybe they should concentrate on the Bundy service and maybe make a
profit
>> on it.
>But QR offer pensioner/concession on tilt train, don't forget that!

<snip>

Well that's the point. Isn't it? The train is not run as a money making
venture or as a genuine means of filling a transport need. It exists as an
exercise in political expediency which produced a - jobs in Maryborough, b -
a fancy way of sucking up to pensioners. I will say one thing in support of
the TT - it is useful as a marketing tool for the Qld Tourist Bureau and
that was one of its functions.

Barry Campbell