Re: www.virginblue.com.au

David Bromage wrote in message ...
>James C (jamesccj@optusnet.com.au) wrote:
>> Rocky will not be serve by Virgin Blue.
>
>> Tilt train held on market well, in fact Tilt train earn QR some extra
>> passengers from air.
>
>Flight West (Ansett) has taken quite a battering on the Brisbane -
>Bundaberg and Brisbane - Rockhampton services. They reduced the fares
>substantially (at the expense of withdrawing catering) and are still
>losing passengers.

<snip>

Flight West? Do they run a direct jet service to Rocky? I would accept that
the Bundy service is one where the train would give air a run for its money
in this context, but Rocky is a no contest if you just want to get there.

Maybe they should concentrate on the Bundy service and maybe make a profit
on it.

Barry Campbell