Re: www.virginblue.com.au

tony bailey wrote in message <394aa9fe@pink.one.net.au>...

>Barry-
>
>How often are 21 day tickets still available 3 weeks befiore the journey on
>BNE-ROK flights?

I don't know, this is the first time I have done it to Rocky but I used to
do Mackay Bris regularly from Mackay and I rarely had problems gettting a 21
day ticket 21 days out.

>For popular services at popular times you often need to get in several
>months in advance to get a 21 day day ticket - and the earlier they sell
out
>the more likely it is that the number of cheap seats on that service will
be
>REDUCED next time - Yield Management its called.

Again going on my Mackay experience, school holidays yes, you need to get in
early, other times generally no.

>Why is the Business Class often booked out well in advance on the Tilt
>Train?

I don't know, but I would be surprised if too many bizzoids travel between
Bris and Rocky by train.

>Why have BNE-BDB air services been reduced and a price war started by the
>airlines?

As I have said in another post in this thread, BNE-BDB is one where the
train can compete.

Barry Campbell