Re: [VIC] Wakool trip, R766 or R711?

Craig Haber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James Brook wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if R766 will be hauling the ARHS Wakool trip on Sunday?
>
> Yes somebody does know, and no, 766 won't be hauling the train.  711 will be
> doing the honours, with BK711, BK714, BK700, BRS224, BZ269, RMS2360, PCP294.
>
> I trust you are booked in the non-aircon portion of the train James? ;)

I won't be going on this trip. I have already been to Echuca this year
and I went to Moulamein in 1997 in the wooden non air-conditioned cars
so what's the point of going on this one when the only choices are the
BK's or air-conditioned cars? If the ARHS and Steamrail actually worked
together so the AK and BKL cars were on the train I would have booked in
those. Although they aren't the wooden cars, at least they are more
comfortable than the BK's.

These are the carriages that have been used in Victoria recently and the
order in which I like them:

1. Victorian wooden cars.
2. NSW N and FS cars.
3. BKL or AK cars.