Re: most hated trains

"Forster Family Inc" <noelmel@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
news:39423024$0$2667@echo-01.iinet.net.au...
> DEB SETS by far with nothing coming a close second.
> they were the biggest excuses for dud passenger accomodation ever built.
>
> Fumes in the compartments, rough riding,noisy and windows which kept
misting
> up so one couldn't see what was coming the other way.
>
> Followed a long second by any Walker railcar ( give me a DERM anyday)..
> On the credit side you could sit up the front next to the driver but they
> were still crap vehicles.

Have to disagree, DEB sets were far superior to everything in Victoria,
including DERMs. I like DERMs, but the riding quality of the DEB sets was
good, and they looked good. Walkers were all just buses on rail, and bodies
built using UK bus technology, destined to fall to pieces on badly
maintained branch line railways.

New South Wales had a grand railway system back in the days of the NSWGR, it
ran lots of trains to lots of places, with well maintained lines (including
branch lines) that were not equalled in any other state. I wish I had
experienced more of it,

Cheers
John Wayman