Re: ATN in [Victoria]

1. [Privatised] Freight Corp
              > Maybe not when Carl/Bob in charge as they said they WILL NOT
privatise state
> enterprise, but give them a few years...........

That is exactly my point! by then Nat Rail and Westrail will already be in
the hands of new owners!
of course Freight Corp is big enough to go it on its own.
SNIP
> The question is would QR be privatise???? Since QR is the most profitable
> railway company in Australia.

No its not! QR are not talking about Privatising, and nor will they for at
least the foreseeable future. The Queensland Government need the Railway to
keep a firm grip on their Mineral Exports, and to maximise the returns to
the State Government Coffers!
SNIPPED again...

>>But Serco(Owner of GSR) may not be happy to sell out its very profitable
business.

Serco made a pretty expensive purchase, particularly when they bought out
one of their Partners recently for considerably ore than the original
Purchase price from   AN. [RA I thinks made the Profit] and what makes you
think GSR are making big profits, or for that matter anything better than a
loss?

>>what about Cityrail??? Cityrail is highly profitable ...............

Sorry do not understand the question?? got lost about highly
profitable...did you not mean
Highly unreliable! Running a Suburban Railway will never make you rich
unless like in Melbourne
you can find a Moron like Kennett who sets you up with access to state
Millions on a permanent basis. Pretty Stupid if you ask me, might as well
cut the middle man and his profits out and run it yourself.
Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/
Foundation President and Co-Founder
Hobsons Bay Model Railway Club Inc.
Operators of Australia's only 'Australian' Model Railway Show
Every Easter in Melbourne.
and my page
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/rods