Re: Bourke Rd (VIC) Crossing

W-Class wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:45:19 +1000, Harvey Family
> <padre@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >G'day all
> >Can anyone please tell me why trains travel so slowly over the railway
> >crossing on Bourke Rd beside the Gardiner station?
> >

> Because they cross Tram Tracks..

The Glenhuntly Rd crossing at Glenhuntly station is the same .... it slows
things down when you are on a Cheltenham - Caulfield express.
The reason is that the trains are 1500V, while the trams (IIRC) are 600V.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Computer Operator, Beveridge Williams & Co, Melbourne, Ph: 0428 533 792 (B)

Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Bombers - 2000 AFL Premiers
E-mail:  johnc@cdi.com.au | Phone: 03 5987 1535 (H) | Dromana, Victoria
The Locomotive Page: http://locopage.railpage.org.au
Seeking Cartography/GIS employment; visit
http://www.cdi.com.au/~johnc/work.html