Re: Airport Line Lack of Patronage? (NSW, the only state to have oneopen in Australia at the moment)

In article <393a071f@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Eric Cartman"
<erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote:
>I think they've assumed that if you get from the station to the
>terminal, you will remember how to get out when you come back.
>It isn't much use if itis your first visit to Sydney.
>
>btw, how does the signage compare between the train, taxis and
>Airport Express?

True indeed, but if a visitor to Sydney didn't know about the
railway, he probably wouldn't see any signs on arrival, and when
departing would go nowhere near any signage.  Would return to his
home city in blissful ignorance.

Of course, whether he/she would want to travel into the city on a
train crowded with commuters, with nowhere for luggage is a
totally different question.  I used to think that running trains
directly from Heathrow to Paddington was a stupid thing to do,
forcing passengers for the rest of England to change trains.
Havving seen Sydney's arrangement I am less certain.  Perhaps
dedicated trains to the city is the answer - but I would have run
them through the North Sydney, the destination for many
businessman arriving at Mascot.

Inside the terminal there is ample signage for ground transport.
Buses, Taxis, etc.  Just basically no mention of underground
transport.

Cheers...JD

--
John Dennis