Re: Whats your fav loco?

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:54:02 +1000, "Mark" <mra1968@iaa.com.au> wrote:

>As a youngster , living country victoria, i remember the sight and sound of
>the old C class thundering up islington bank, multiple units etc,
>Got to be the old day i guess, eh, times change i suppose but anyway,can
>amyone also post there fav times as a youngster rail fan.
>bring back the old rail action , i wish??? LOL.
>mark
My favourite loco is any loco(s) hauling a long line of freight
through the countryside but preferably paralleling an interstate
highway highway - somewhere between Horsham and Dimboola is o.k. by me
- and going faster than the semis beside it.

If I could order my ideal train it would be double C's with a 1200
metre or longer train of containers of many different sizes and
colours going like the clappers.

Just the thought of how many semis it would take off the road brings a
tear to mine eyes.........

[sniff]

Les Brown..
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.