Re: Airport Line Lack of Patronage? (NSW, the only state to have oneopen in Australia at the moment)

John Dennis wrote:

> In article <393a071f@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Eric Cartman"
> <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote:
> >I think they've assumed that if you get from the station to the
> >terminal, you will remember how to get out when you come back.
> >It isn't much use if itis your first visit to Sydney.
> >
> >btw, how does the signage compare between the train, taxis and
> >Airport Express?
>
> True indeed, but if a visitor to Sydney didn't know about the
> railway, he probably wouldn't see any signs on arrival, and when
> departing would go nowhere near any signage.  Would return to his
> home city in blissful ignorance.
>
> Of course, whether he/she would want to travel into the city on a
> train crowded with commuters, with nowhere for luggage is a
> totally different question.  I used to think that running trains
> directly from Heathrow to Paddington was a stupid thing to do,
> forcing passengers for the rest of England to change trains.
> Havving seen Sydney's arrangement I am less certain.  Perhaps
> dedicated trains to the city is the answer - but I would have run
> them through the North Sydney, the destination for many
> businessman arriving at Mascot.

How?

1) In, around the City Circle, change direction at Illawarra Junction, then to
North Sydney
2) In, change direction at Central, out to Illawarra Junction, change direction,
then to North Sydney
3) Out, change direction at Turrella then to North Sydney

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au