Re: [NSW] my free travels today

Clintmeister wrote:

> The fact remains I catch trains with these passes and i catch mroe
> traisn than i do busses.

But travelpasses can be used solely on buses and ferries.  It is impossible to account
for what each individual passenger's travelling habits are.

> There still should be a discount and ive had it with the train system
> here. God help anybody working for cityfail when they next see my wrath
> at the state of the system. While an individual doesnt cause the
> problem, asa collective they all do.

No, the problem is usually caused by mechanical failure, and not the staff.

> How can they have a recorded announcement saying "Cityrail
> apologizises.." to do this they would have to survey every personw
> orking there and ask "Are you sorry about the delay?"

CityRail as an organization is apologising in those delays.  Some staff really do
care, and do all they can to reduce delays, but it is out of their control.  Some
staff are not sorry for the delays, like John Howard is not sorry for the stolen
generation - it is not their fault.

> A recording is just a useless appeasement which doesnt he;lp. If theyre
> really sorry they wouldnt have  recorded message.

Some delays are out of the control of CityRail.  Broken down freight trains are caused
by other operators.  Points/Signal failures are the responsibility of RSA.   Poor
timetabling is the responsibility of RAC.  CityRail is responsible for maintenance and
running of the electric passenger trains.  If that train breaks down, or the crew is
not there, it is CityRail's responsibilty.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au