Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

I'm no engineer so I dont pretend to understand the complexities of what sort of
condition the W's are in - but I can say for sure that if passenger comfort is
any sort of criteria the Z1s and Z2s MUST be pensioned off well before the W's.

If there is a question of safety, then we have to look at how much as a society
we value the ride qualities and the cultural value of the W's.  The continued
safe and reliable high speed operation of Adelaide's H class trams (built 1929)
seems to illustrate that it can be done if you want it enough.