Re: [NSW] Not enough rolling stock.......

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
EKde5.42645$N4.1571476@ozemail.com.au">news:EKde5.42645$N4.1571476@ozemail.com.au...
> Geoff's hit the nail on the head - "The Endeavour sets released
> from Dapto - Nowra and Moss Vale - Goulburn runs will be used to double
the
> capacity of the services shown in the Olympic timetable".
>
> Double capacity on many trains (4 cars in lieu of 2) without the need for
> extra crews (that don't exist).

But there is no indication that the extra capacity on these services will be
needed. Looking at the accommodation situation, and advance bookings, as
released by the agents handling this, there are not a lot of people staying
in the Southern highlands. There are some, but there are not a lot. $ car
Endeavours will be an overkill, and unless I am mistaken about the crews
qualifications, the crews released by the reduced services will not be much
help with the extra trains that will be operating around Sydney.

Dave