Re: North Fitzroy (Vic)

Rob Coventry <bobby@netspace.net.au> said:

>Thanks Michael (and everyone else) That microfiche collection is still
>there: Call # LTMF LTMF 18 In Location: La Trobe Microform-Stack-Call.
> So I found what I wanted, except for whether the station building was
> the
>same as North Carlton or Maldon, and what the goods shed looked like;
>until today I didn't know there was one!

Not being sure of North Carlton or North Fitzroy, I would hazard a guess to
say that all three stations shared a similar design to each other. I'm sure
I've seen North Fitzroy in a photo before, and it fit the same design.

>From what I could tell, VR used a number of standard designs for their
railway stations. Compare the following as an example: Maldon, Moonee
Ponds, Ascot Vale (to an extent), Kensington, and you will find that they
were very similarly laid out to each other. Differences did appear, e.g.
the platform roof, shapes of the building to fit within a certain area
(Ascot Vale in this case). You will generally find that certain areas
and/or lines will have certain methods of infrastructure design.

My favourite line as far as infrastructure goes is the Bendigo line, with
the bluestone stations, double line all the way.

Michael.