Re: Tram cameras to boost security

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
DFzb5.1212$4p3.8707@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:DFzb5.1212$4p3.8707@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> "Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Also I had a conversation with a Hillside person about the state of
> their
> > > trains, in this conversation he told me that the first refurbished
> Comeng
> > > trains sound be out in the next couple of weeks.
> >
> > It will be transferred from Ballarat to Epping on Monday Morning in full
> > "Connex" livery and after some test runs, staff looks, media crap etc...
> > it will be out and about running.
>
> ... until it gets vandalised.
>
> Sorry, am I being too cynical?

No, you're being realistic =). I hope they don't "restrict" its running to
weekdays during the day and peak hours. ie, lower chance of being
vandalised, otherwise it will become a 4D-like train. On another note, the
4D has cameras installed, doesn't really help the vandalism or does it?

cheers
Johann