Re: Tram cameras to boost security

> Also trams aren't the biggest problem, trains have bigger security
> problem then trams, why not cosdinering reintroduce train guards on
> trains all the time?

Guards on trains will not make any difference.  All they used to do was sit
in their box in the middle or end of the train and open and close doors,
with all trains now having DOO this would be an extremely expensive
non-solution.  A better idea would be to have conductors on trains just like
V/Line do, who roam the train.  I catch V/Line and Hillside trains everyday
to get to uni, countless times the Hillside has been cancelled due to
vandalism, NEVER has the V/Line been cancelled for the same reason, actually
in the 2 yrs of going to uni a V/line has never been cancelled.

Also I had a conversation with a Hillside person about the state of their
trains, in this conversation he told me that the first refurbished Comeng
trains sound be out in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

Andrew