Correction to: Re: (Sydney) Olympic timetable all stations

Just a correction to my own post, the Illawarra line trains are NOT
running all stops from Cronulla/Waterfall/Hurstville. Rather the
document stated that the Eastern Suburbs line (Bondi Junction to
Central) will have trains run all stops, as they do now. Apologies for
that very misleading sentence!  (I usually think of Bondi to
Cronulla/Hurstville/Waterfall as one long line, not as Eastern Suburbs
and then Illawarra line)

In article <396d0398$0$11203$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  " Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:
> Quite interesting. They've decided to run Illawarra trains as all
stops from
> Cronulla, Waterfall and Hurstville
>
> * Burwood is listed as the main loser in the Olympic timetable,
losing up to
> 7 trains/hour (hope they're the all stops ones!). The so-called 16
trains
> /hour in the off peak comprises of 8 that run via local line and out
of the
> 8, 4 are all stops to City.
>
> * Northern line will lose its morning fast services to the City, and
morning
> Epping trains will extend to Hornsby to serve all stops (4 an hour
only!).
> All Central Coast train ("V sets") will call at Concord West. Now
they're
> putting the extended platforms into use! (When is the new signage
going in?)

> * ALL East Hills line trains will all run through the Airport (except
from
> 1.30am - 4am with track inspections...I remember Bill McNiven saying
there
> are no scheduled inspections during the Olympics, or I may be
mistaken)

> * Liverpool to City via Regent's Pk and Strathfield will not run. The
> Regent's Pk - Lidcombe triangle will be bustituted.
>
> * Campbelltown/Liverpool to City via Granville will call at all
stations all
> the way up to Merrylands
>
> * The most irregular frequencies would be on the Western line, with
> frequencies varying for morning and evening peak. However that's
where most
> of the strain will be.
>
> * Campbelltown to Blacktown ("Cumberland line" as we all know is only
an
> existence on CityRail's propaganda) will not run. Change at Granville
(back
> to 1995??? hmm...not surprised). However with so many trains on the
> Fairfield section of track (6 an hour to the City in off peak)
basically
> there's no need to run direct CBN - BAK trains since the down west
trains
> will be running at an interval of a few minutes
>
> * surprise surprise Carlingford line doesn't get bustituted. Perhaps
their
> biggest loss would be the direct City to Carlo trains in the morning
and off
> peak. I have no compassion for customers on this line....either the
> Parra-Chats rail was built 89 years ago (as planned) or nothing else.
> Shuttle service runs every 45 min instead of every hour, so in around
4
> hours it'd get an extra service, however irregular times to remember.
>
> * North Shore line gets just about the same frequencies as it does
now--so
> frequent in the pre-Olympics timetable already, they can make no more
> changes.

> anyone wishing to see Bill's estimated Olympic rollingstock
allocations
> should e-mail me as I have retained a copy, or maybe Bill has kept one
> himself!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.