Re: (Sydney) Olympic timetable all stations

Quite interesting. They've decided to run Illawarra trains as all stops from
Cronulla, Waterfall and Hurstville

* Burwood is listed as the main loser in the Olympic timetable, losing up to
7 trains/hour (hope they're the all stops ones!). The so-called 16 trains
/hour in the off peak comprises of 8 that run via local line and out of the
8, 4 are all stops to City.

* Northern line will lose its morning fast services to the City, and morning
Epping trains will extend to Hornsby to serve all stops (4 an hour only!).
All Central Coast train ("V sets") will call at Concord West. Now they're
putting the extended platforms into use! (When is the new signage going in?)

* ALL East Hills line trains will all run through the Airport (except from
1.30am - 4am with track inspections...I remember Bill McNiven saying there
are no scheduled inspections during the Olympics, or I may be mistaken)

* Liverpool to City via Regent's Pk and Strathfield will not run. The
Regent's Pk - Lidcombe triangle will be bustituted.

* Campbelltown/Liverpool to City via Granville will call at all stations all
the way up to Merrylands

* The most irregular frequencies would be on the Western line, with
frequencies varying for morning and evening peak. However that's where most
of the strain will be.

* Campbelltown to Blacktown ("Cumberland line" as we all know is only an
existence on CityRail's propaganda) will not run. Change at Granville (back
to 1995??? hmm...not surprised). However with so many trains on the
Fairfield section of track (6 an hour to the City in off peak) basically
there's no need to run direct CBN - BAK trains since the down west trains
will be running at an interval of a few minutes

* surprise surprise Carlingford line doesn't get bustituted. Perhaps their
biggest loss would be the direct City to Carlo trains in the morning and off
peak. I have no compassion for customers on this line....either the
Parra-Chats rail was built 89 years ago (as planned) or nothing else.
Shuttle service runs every 45 min instead of every hour, so in around 4
hours it'd get an extra service, however irregular times to remember.

* North Shore line gets just about the same frequencies as it does now--so
frequent in the pre-Olympics timetable already, they can make no more
changes.

--------------
anyone wishing to see Bill's estimated Olympic rollingstock allocations
should e-mail me as I have retained a copy, or maybe Bill has kept one
himself!

"Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
C86b5.34404$N4.1338647@ozemail.com.au">news:C86b5.34404$N4.1338647@ozemail.com.au...
There's a 13-page summary (not a full timetable) today (Thursday) at
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0007/13/graphics/rail.pdf

Rgds

Bi
ll