Re: New York Subways [URL for Maps] [Was: Re: Stuttgart Suburban Train ]

http://www.cc.columbia.edu/~brennan/subway/
This site has a couple of pictures of the Manhattan map.

The whole system is minimum staffed. One driver. Two token dispensing people
(turning to machines now I believe). No ticket-collecting/checking staff. No
train guards. USA is GSTed stately (not federally like Australia). If the
New York GST rose, all that would need to be done is change the price of
tokens and tell all machines to revert to the new price. No difficult weekly
business, because the cards are money based, not trip based, and the
machines do the calculating.

Mitch

mbja5.712$gg.2413@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:mbja5.712$gg.2413@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au...