Stuttgart Suburban Train

Last week I was in Stuttgart Germany and rode a suburban train from Rhor
to Herrenberg. Excellent train and service! Things I liked:

1). It was single deck so it was easy to get on and off with luggage.

2). The whole train was an open articulated design rather than little
doors between carriages. The driver could see unobstructed right through
the whole train wall to wall and out the back. Seemed like a good safe
design for passengers any time day or night.

3). There were electronic roof signs hanging from the centre of the roof
at regular intervals. Whenever the train stopped at a station, the sign
showed the terminating destination of the train so that people getting
on were informed immediately where the train was going to. Soon after
the train began moving, the indicator changed to show what the next
station was, accompanied by a voice saying the next station name. As it
would stop at each station the indicator would change to the terminating
destination etc. Simple thing, but really useful for the passengers.

Neil.
--
Remove 'nospam' to reply.