Re: VFT Sydney - Canberra

chris (chris@enet21.com.au) wrote:
> Yes but they have the population to fill the trains, we don't. Do you really
> think that they will fill a VFT for a trip from Syd to Camberra?

Once again, forget the population! Look at the number of journeys. There
are currently 4 million car journeys between the two cities each year.

You're also forgetting that high speed rail induces new travel. Look at
Paris to Lyon before and after TGV started. In 1980 (pre-TGV) there were
1.5 million passenger journeys between the two cities. In 1982 (first full
year of TGV operation) there were 2.4 million journeys. In 1995 there were
over 20 million journeys.

Cheers
David