Re: VFT Sydney - Canberra

"chris" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
395F3CFA.6CBAA006@enet21.com.au">news:395F3CFA.6CBAA006@enet21.com.au...
> Yes but they have the population to fill the trains, we don't. Do you
really
> think that they will fill a VFT for a trip from Syd to Camberra?

Which part of "Sunshine Coast to Geelong" did you miss?

A VHST from Sunshine Coast to Geelong would be cheaper than building a
second Sydney airport. Looking at _current_ traffic patterns with the
airlines over this corridor (inclusing SYD-BNE and SYD-MEL) the decrease in
air travel on the Sunshine Coast to Geelong corridor, and the associated
intrastate flights, would make a second Sydney airport unnecessary in the
long term.

Dave